CHOOSE HOW YOU WANT TO
MANAGE YOUR TRADER TAXES
Click the option which best describes you…
WHAT WE DO
TradeLog helps traders and active investors like you to…
- Manage Your Trade History
- Prepare IRS-Ready Trader Tax Reports – Like Form 8949
- Reduce Taxable Income
- Take Control of Wash Sales
- Report Sec. 475f Trader Tax Status – Mark-to-Market
- Analyze Performance and Improve Trading
HELP IS ALWAYS ONE CLICK AWAY
TradeLog subscriptions include our highly-praised technical support.
“You folks support your product so well and will have my loyalty for as long as my portfolio lasts – hopefully a lifetime! TradeLog just does, so simply and easily, what Quicken and similar programs and even the best tax prep software simply are not built to do.”Andre
Guide: Using Tradelog Each Year
Step-by-Step Video Tutorials
Online Support Center
Personal help directly from the TradeLog app
Start Your TradeLog Subscription
Sign-up to Get Started for Free for the first 30-days. Once you’ve gotten started, purchase a one-year subscription at the level you require.
- What can I do with the Free Trial?
- Can I use the subscription for prior tax years?
- When should I start my subscription?
- Who can use my subscription?
- How much will a subscription cost?
- What counts as a trade record?
- What if I need a higher level subscription?
- What information will I need to establish my starting point in TradeLog?
Wishing someone else could set up TradeLog for you? We have Services for that – click here to learn more.
Install Securely on Your PC
TradeLog runs on your Windows PC with your data stored securely on your device – or preferred cloud storage. We have Mac users too! – Learn more.
Create One TradeLog File for All Your Broker Accounts
TradeLog can support highly active traders with many thousands of trades per year. You’ll have one TradeLog file for each tax year: that file maintains all your trade history for all your brokerage accounts – including IRAs.
Establish Your Starting Point – One-Time Step
This important one-time step involves some manual entry of any holdings at the start of the first tax year you’re using TradeLog. Our Wizard tool helps you get through the process. Once you establish your start point, TradeLog will do the rest and automatically carry over future years!
- What information will I need to establish my starting point in TradeLog?
Wishing someone else could set up TradeLog for you? We have Services for that – Click here to learn more.
Import Trade History from Your Broker
TradeLog uses your actual trade history to produce accurate, IRS-ready results. TradeLog does not import 1099-B data – Learn Why!
Make Tax Adjustments as Needed
Complex tax adjustments may be required, depending on your situation. TradeLog provides a suite of tools and functions to help make nearly any adjustment required: Corporate Actions, Exercised or Expired Options, Cost Basis Adjustments, Specific Lot Matching, and more.
Verify Trade History: Confirm Year-End Holdings
Verifying the accuracy of trade history imported into TradeLog is essential. Confirming Year-End Holdings is a required step before completing finalized reporting. TradeLog will generate a list of year-end holdings, you’ll compare this with your December brokerage statement. Click here to watch how it’s done.
Did you know? Verifying a broker-provided 1099-B can be nearly impossible. Learn more.
Verify Trade History: Reconcile Proceeds with Broker 1099-B
This second verification step helps identify any missing, or miscategorized trades. TradeLog will ask for the gross proceeds number from each broker-provided 1099-B and then compare that total with the gross proceeds TradeLog calculates. This step is required before completing tax year reporting. Click here to watch what’s involved in 1099-B reconciliation.
Generate Tax Reporting for Filing
Once verification and reconciliation is completed you can unlock finalized tax reporting. TradeLog will calculate wash sale adjustments required and create any deferrals that carryover with year-end holdings – your next-year file is automatically created!
- Form 8949 for Schedule D with Wash Sales
- Section 1256: Form 6781 Details
- Section 475 Trader Status: Form 4797 Details, Securities Marked to Market Report, Section 481 Adjustment Report
- Forex / Currencies
Use TradeLog reporting for tax filing:
Use TradeLog Throughout the Year for Success
Successful traders use TradeLog throughout the year to improve profitability and identify patterns. How will the Performance Report and Charts support your trading?
Take Control of Wash Sales to Avoid Disasters
TradeLog allows you to monitor the impact of the IRS Wash Sale Rule on your bottom-line before the tax year ends – allowing you to make critical decisions to avoid phantom income and inflated tax liability.
TradeLog offers three product levels to meet the needs of active investors and traders. If you’re new, you’ll start with the 30-Day Free Trial…
Renewal Price for Subsequent Years: $175.20 / Year (20% Savings)*
Renewal Price for Subsequent Years: $287.20 / Year (20% Savings)*
* Discounted renewal prices apply to eligible renewals only. Discount shown reflects current pricing and is subject to change. Click here to learn more about renewals.
ADDITIONAL FILE KEYS
Each one-year subscription includes one (1) File Key – required to unlock finalized tax reporting for a TradeLog file. Most TradeLog users do not need to purchase additional File Keys. But, what if…
- You need to complete reporting for multiple past tax years?
- You need to use TradeLog for another taxpayer such as your spouse (filing separately) or an entity you control?
You can purchase additional File Keys anytime for $79 each, as long as you have an active subscription. Login to view your options and pricing.
Tax Features specifically designed for Traders and Active Investors
Your accurate trade accounting starts with a complete trade history. No more sifting through statements and papers, no more spreadsheets. With TradeLog, keep ALL your trade history, for ALL your broker accounts, in ONE tax year file.
- Records stocks, bonds, mutual funds, options, ETFs, futures, and Forex*.
- Import from over 40 online brokers. See if your broker is supported.
- Set up any number of brokerage accounts in one tax year file.
- Track all types of accounts – cash basis, MTM and IRA.
* Futures and Forex limited to supported brokers.
Broker 1099-B reports follow IRS rules for broker reporting – but taxpayers have different requirements. TradeLog uses actual trade history to generate the IRS-ready reporting traders and active investors need.
- Create Form 8949 for IRS Schedule D
- Export reporting for use with TaxACT®, TurboTax® and other tax software
- Reconcile with your 1099-B and make necessary adjustments for accurate reporting.
Popular tax programs were never designed to handle the complexities of the IRS wash sale rules. TradeLog was created specifically for traders and active investors to handle complex wash sale rules for taxpayers, which is quite different than the rules for brokerages.
- Wash sales identified and adjusted for stocks, options, and short sales
- User-defined wash sale settings based on individual trading style
- Identifies wash sales between accounts
- IRA wash sales properly identified and disallowed
- Tracks wash sale deferrals from one year to the next so you never lose your losses.
While wash sales are typically unavoidable for active traders, some wash sale situations may have disastrous tax consequences. TradeLog can be used all year long to help avoid wash sale disasters. The Potential Wash Sales Report provides the information you need to understand your wash sale situations and make necessary trading decisions.
- Use TradeLog regularly to monitor wash sale situations affecting you
- Know which open positions carry large wash sale deferrals
- Be alert to acquisitions that may trigger new wash sales
- Take action quickly when an always-harmful IRA wash sale was triggered.
Traders who have elected section 475 Trader Status* with the IRS, and traders in futures and other Section 1256 contracts, are all required to use mark to market accounting for some or all of their trading. TradeLog provides the tools and reporting needed for mark to market accounting.
- Automates year end mark to market adjustments
- Reporting for IRS Form 4797 for section 475 traders*
- Section 481 reporting for mark to market election*
- Automatic identification of section 1256 contracts – futures and broad-based index options.
*Note: Mark to Market accounting features for Section 475 Trader Tax Status are available only in the TradeLog TRADER and ELITE versions.
Complicated tax adjustments are often needed for corporate actions and other trading events. TradeLog provides a suite of comprehensive editing functions.
- Options: Expirations, exercises and assignments
- Corporate actions: Stock splits, cost basis adjustments, and ticker changes
- Matching: Specific lot matching. Long/short conversions.
Profitable trading involves information and analysis to understand trends, strategies, and performance. TradeLog provides powerful trade journaling and performance analysis tools to help you become a better trader.
- Keep comprehensive notes on what and why you traded
- Measure key performance metrics on winning and losing trades
- Visualize your profitability with various charts and reports
- Assign strategies to individual or groups of trades, and monitor results
- Customizable filters allow you to drill down deep into your trade history.
All of the features, plus the technical support to back it up. TradeLog provides the most extensive technical support of any trader tax software.